My research focuses on combinatorial algorithms and computational methods for data analysis, especially data that can be modeled by a graph or network. This combines interests in CS theory, computational science, discrete mathematics, and various data science applications.
New and Events
- November 1, 2023. I wrote an article on generalized hypergraph cut problems for this month’s edition of SIAM News. You can read it here or here.
- August 10, 2023. Nature Reviews Physics recently published a Research Spotlight about my research on hypergraph measures of homophily (joint work with Austin Benson and Jon Kleinberg). You can check out the spotlight here.
- August 5, 2023. Our paper on Faster Approximation Algorithms for Parameterized Graph Clustering and Edge Labeling was accepted for publication at CIKM. Congratulations to the lead author, Vedangi Bengali!
- May 16, 2023. My paper with Austin Benson and Jon Kleinberg on Augmented Sparsifiers for Hypergraph Cuts has been accepted for publication in JMLR.
- April 24, 2023. My paper on improved approximation algorithms for edge-colored hypergraph clustering has been accepted for publication at ICML (Honolulu, HI, July 2023). Here’s a preprint of the paper.
- January 31, 2023. My paper on cut-matching games in hypergraphs was accepted for publication at The Web Conference, (Austin, TX, May 2023). A preprint is now on arXiv.
- January 6, 2023. Our research on “Combinatorial Characterizations and Impossibilities for Higher-order Homophily” (joint with Austin Benson and Jon Kleinberg) has been published in Science Advances. I had a chance to discuss some of this research as part of a recent article in the Communications of the ACM.
- January 5, 2023. I am honored to have been selected for the SIAM SIAG/ACDA Early Career Prize. I look forward to giving a talk on my research at the 2023 ACDA Conference in Seattle, Washington, May 31-June 2. Here’s the TAMU CSE Department news story and SIAM’s prize spotlight article.
- August 4, 2022. Our research on “Hypergraph Cuts with General Splitting Functions” (joint with Austin Benson and Jon Kleinberg) is now published in SIAM Review. Here is a summary by the section editor. My co-author Austin Benson talks a bit more about this research in a Quanta magazine article.
- April 11, 2022. I am honored to be awarded the 2022 Texas A&M Institute of Data Science Career Initiation Fellowship!
Graph Algorithms, Combinatorial Optimization, Network Science, Matrix Computations, Data Science.
- Hypergraph algorithms for higher-order data analysis
- Flow-based methods for community detection
- Approximation algorithms for correlation clustering